[lxc-users] networking and permissions questions

Joe McDonald ideafilter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 18:28:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 6:53 AM, Joe McDonald <ideafilter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1) Do I need to specify this IP in both the
>> config file and the rootfs/etc/network/interfaces file?
>> Is there a better way to do this?
>
> IMHO the best way is on container's interfaces file

Ah!  So I don't need to specify IP in config, just in containers
network/interface.  I tried that and the double IP went away, also,
lag time for ssh disappeared as well, could ssh in as soon as
container was up.  Thanks!

> Long version:
> There's a workaround that I posted sometime ago, which in essence does
> NOT use bridging, but use routing + proxy_arp. However it currently
> ONLY works on priviledged container (since it needs persistent veth
> name on the host side, which is currently not possible for
> unpriviledged containers)

Hopefully this will be possible with unprivileged containers in the
future as it would be handy.

thanks,
-joe