[lxc-users] LXCFS install issue

Rajasekar Darapuram raj at robinsystems.com
Sat Apr 25 00:30:00 UTC 2015

Hi
When I add ppa:ubuntu-lxc/daily repo and do an apt-get install lxcfs (and
lxc, cgmanager) LXCFS is working fine inside containers. But the apt-get
downloads the latest deb everyday..TO be consistent for all developers I
downloaded the debs and wrote a script to upgrade LXC 1.10 to LXC 1.1. and
LXCFS.   It installs the new versions of LXC and LXCFS. I was able to
create containers and start the,. However when I attach to the container
and run ps command I get this error (if I stop lxcfs service, then ps is
working fine inside the containers)

root at eqx03-flash04:/etc# lxc-ls -f
NAME                            STATE    IPV4  IPV6  GROUPS  AUTOSTART
eqx03-vnode18 <http://eqx03-vnode18.robinsystems.com> STOPPED  -     -
-       NO
eqx03-vnode52 <http://eqx03-vnode52.robinsystems.com> STOPPED  -     -
-       NO
root at eqx03-flash04:/etc# lxc-start -n eqx03-vnode18
eqx03-vnode18 <http://eqx03-vnode18.robinsystems.com>  RUNNING  10.9.240.18
 -     -       NO
eqx03-vnode52 <http://eqx03-vnode52.robinsystems.com>  STOPPED  -
 -     -       NO
root at eqx03-flash04:/etc# service lxcfs status
lxcfs start/running, process 22159

root at eqx03-flash04:/etc# ls /var/lib/lxcfs
cgroup  proc
root at eqx03-flash04:/etc#
root at eqx03-flash04:/etc# lxc-attach -n eqx03-vnode18
<http://eqx03-vnode18.robinsystems.com>
*root at eqx03-vnode18:/etc# ps*
*Error: /proc must be mounted*
*  To mount /proc at boot you need an /etc/fstab line like:*
*      proc   /proc   proc    defaults*
*  In the meantime, run "mount proc /proc -t proc"*

Also sometimes lxcfs service is getting killed and when I do an ls on
/var/lib/lxcfs, I get this error
transport endpoint is not connected

Please let me know.

Thanks