[lxc-users] lxc-start fails with invalid pid on arm

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 20 16:23:50 UTC 2015

Quoting Praveen Kumar Verma (Praveen.Verma at LntTechservices.com):

> Since both host name(dra7xx) were same, I was not able to differentiate between them.
> Now after changing the host name(prav), I can see the container is running.
>
> But I am seeing that there is continuous switching between the host busybox filesystem & busybox filesystem running in container.
>
> /* host busybox, not running in container */
> root at dra7xx:~#
> /* running in container */
> root at prav:~#
> root at dra7xx:~#
> root at prav:~#
> root at dra7xx:~#
> root at prav:~#
>
> So due to above, i am not able to enter the commands.

Your container's getty is running on a host device.  You'll want
to either stop getty from running in the container or give it a
separate device.  Perhaps 'lxc.autodev = 1' in your container
config file would help.  Otherwise, you could create a script

lxc-start -n container -d
sleep 5s
ps -ef > outfile
lxc-stop -n container -k

and look at outfile to see which device you need to handle.