[lxc-users] Is this a bug

Yonsy Solis yonsy.s.p at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:42:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Björn Mittelsdorf
<bjoern.mittelsdorf at scheer-management.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in Ubuntu trusty a clone of an Ubuntu container gets a new hostname
> but the line containing the hostname in /etc/hosts is not updated.
> This results in error messages when using sudo or similar stuff.
> I hesitate to file this as a bug as it is very easy to fix this, but
> on the other hand it creates a difference between original and
> clone...
> Any opinions?

Which lxc version are you using ?

I have Ubuntu 14.04.2 installed here, lxc and lxc installed with repos
lxc-git-stable-1_1 and lxd-git-master, lxc 1.1.2.

I cloned containers with:

lxc-clone -s base repo1
lxc-clone base repo2

and base, repo1 an repo2 containers have /etc/hosts correctly
configured (different hostnames).

Yonsy Solis