[lxc-users] How to release IP for inactive containers?

Dan Shi bruingo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 22:29:24 UTC 2015

I ran into a problem that only 253 containers get network connection. New
containers after that can't getIP from lxc bridge, even if I stop/destroy
existing running containers. The problem, apparently, is that the default
in /etc/default/lxc-net, has LXC_DHCP_MAX set to 253.

I suppose I can increase that number to have a large enough subnet.
However, I'm wondering if there is a more elegant solution. For example, I
can periodically call a script, or call it before destroying a container,
to release IP for dead containers?

Thanks,
Dan