[lxc-users] LXC, criu and cgroups...

Tycho Andersen tycho.andersen at canonical.com
Tue Apr 7 21:38:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 11:33:50PM +0200, Dirk Geschke wrote:
> Hi Tycho,
>
> is there a way to keep the files instead of removing them?
>
> I can see the img-files transfered to /var/tmp/lxd_migration...
>
> Then I see it is creating the rootfs and filling it with files.
> But then it fails and all is removed :-/

Right, when it fails it tries to clean up after itself. I suppose we
could add a mode where it didn't do that, but I'd have to be convinced
:)

> I tried it a third time, changed to /var/lib/lxd/lxc/ubuntix/rootfs/
> and now it worked somehow?

Sorry, what changed to /var...?

> At least, the container is now on the target system, but not
> running:
>
>    lxcuser at karl:~$ lxc list
>    +---------+---------+------+------+
>    |  NAME   |  STATE  | IPV4 | IPV6 |
>    | ubuntix | STOPPED |      |      |

So the restore failed and the target but it lxd didn't report this?
Can you paste the restore.log and the full debug output?

> And the log file complains about cgmanager:
>
>    lxc 1428442166.209 WARN     lxc_cgmanager - cgmanager.c:cgm_get:963 - do_cgm_get exited with error

The full log would be useful, thanks.

Tycho