[lxc-users] LXC, criu and cgroups...

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Tue Apr 7 19:40:26 UTC 2015

Hi Tycho,

> > So I can now checkpoint an unprivileged container on debian wheezy
> > with lxc-checkpoint. But still no luck with LXD so far, it is still
> > complaining:
> >
> >    Found cgmanager mapping for ./sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager mountpoint
> >    Found cgmanager mapping for ./sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager mountpoint
> >    Error (mount.c:636): 92:./sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager is overmounted
>
> I guess you have lxcfs installed? We currently can't checkpoint
> containers with lxcfs, exactly because of this overmounting issue. If
> you `sudo apt-get remove lxcfs` and restart the container, does
> checkpointing work?

hmm, I did a "make uninstall" in the lxcfs directory and after a
reboot, I get a step further: Now I find a lot of *img files on
the one host in /var/tmp/lxd_migration_610963748 (I've set TMPDIR
to /var/tmp) and an empty diretory /var/tmp/lxd_migration_727837215
on the target host. But the move command hungs, nothing more seems
to happen, except I have now a STOPPED container ubuntix on both
systems.

Maybe some kind of dead lock? Although, lxd is still respondig
to requests on both machines.

I will abort it and try once more, no luck again. But there are
sockets like these /var/tmp/lxd_rsync_629730355 on the source host
but not on the target host. So maybe this is an rsync problem?

Do you have an idea, how to debug this?

Best regards

Dirk

PS: I was not aware, that simply installing lxcfs will start it,
    I did not even see it running. But probably it installs some
    lxc hooks for the bind mounts...