[lxc-users] Btrfs gquota and container disk usage limits

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sun Apr 5 06:51:01 UTC 2015

On 05/04/15 02:22, david.andel at bli.uzh.ch wrote:
> I see that nobody replied to your question.
> Have you made any progress in the meantime?

Not really. I've actually dropped back to using pre-systemd trusty in
privileged containers until ubuntu 15.04 is released hoping that might
provide better support for systemd/lxd/unprivileged vivid containers.

> Also, how did you manage to have your containers v1 and v2 installed
>  into a btrfs subvolume? With lxc-create it's clear, but with lxc launch?

Looks like lxd automatically creates part of the filesystem as a subvolume
but I'm not sure how rootfs/var/lib/machines fits into the picture, so no,
I never figured out how to properly set up a lxd container as a subvolume
let alone how to provide real world usable qgroup quotas. Like I say, I am
hoping vivid comes with usable lxd containers and decent documentation.

~ btrfs sub list / | grep lxd
ID 2403 gen 554661 top level 1674 path var/lib/lxd/lxc/v1/rootfs/var/lib/machines
ID 2407 gen 556386 top level 1674 path var/lib/lxd/lxc/v2/rootfs/var/lib/machines