[lxc-users] Container cannot write to /var/run

Bostjan Skufca bostjan at a2o.si
Sat Apr 4 23:29:55 UTC 2015

Is systemd now supported as LXC guest's init system?

Anyhow, I would guess systemd creates ramdisk for /run (and /var/run)
which, by some funky interaction ends up non-writeable. I had (somewhat)
similar systemd issue on another project recently, where systemd created
/dev/log socket preemptively, and if syslog was not running, socket started
blocking syslog() syscalls. I might be wrong, but it might be systemd doing
something in an unconventional way which is causing trouble (unconventional
!= bad).

b.