[lxc-users] Building LXC 1.1 on Debian 8

Joshua Schaeffer jschaeffer0922 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 21:14:29 UTC 2015

Serge, I did have that sysctl, but it was set to 0. I changed it to 1 and
now I get a new error:

lxcuser at thinkhost:~$ lxc-create -t download -n c2
lxc: conf.c: lxc_map_ids: 3145 Missing newuidmap/newgidmap
error mapping child
setgid: Invalid argument
lxc_container: lxccontainer.c: do_create_container_dir: 772 Failed to chown
container dir
lxc_container: lxc_create.c: main: 274 Error creating container c2

I have assigned lxcuser to the following uid/gid range: 165536 65536 and I
have that set in ~/.config/lxc/default.conf

lxcuser at thinkhost:~$ cat ~/.config/lxc/default.conf
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.link = lxcbr0
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.id_map = u 0 165536 65536
lxc.id_map = g 0 165536 65536

root at thinkhost:~# cat /etc/sub* | grep lxcuser
lxcuser:165536:65536
lxcuser:165536:65536

Thanks,
Joshua