[lxc-users] system libraries under the hood.

Vicky Kak vicky.kak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:48:07 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have been using linux container for some time as a user and now getting
interested to know how it is internally working, I started looking for
internals and could make that it is using cgroups under the hood.
The docs mention that it is using many other kernel pieces, I see the code
being implemented in C ( Ah I am not a C guy but am willing to play with
it).
I wanted to know which system librarary is being used in c code that
invokes cgroup call, I looked at the code at
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/master/src/lxc/lxccontainer.c

and see #include "cgroup.h" being included.
cgroup.c does not seem to contain the reference of
http://libcg.sourceforge.net/ library which I was expecting.
Can someone provide the high level code flow, I can take it from there.

Sorry if I am asking stupid question due to my ignorance of C understanding.

Thanks,
Vicky