[lxc-users] unprivilegded containers with LXC 1.0.6

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Mon Sep 29 19:31:38 UTC 2014

Hi Serge,

> > ah, yes:
> >
> >   # cgmanager --version
> >   cgmanager 0.24
> >
> > That was the problem, I just installed:
> >
> >   # cgmanager --version
> >   cgmanager 0.33
> >
> > and now Debian jessie runs in an unprivileged container.
> > So I missed to update cgmanager, I didn't expected a change
> > here :-/
>
> Indeed the intent is to have lxc work with older versions of
> cgmanager, so this isn't really a good answer.  However 1.0.6
> AFAIK works on ubuntu trusty which still has cgmanager 0.24,
> so hopefully it's something that was fixed in one of the
> 0.24-ubuntuNs.

I do not have version 0.24 any longer, I did a git update...

But if I remember correctly, then it might be a problem with

  /proc/self/cgroup

The "cgm movepid all jessie $$" worked except for name=systemd,
that entry had no member. Maybe this caused the problem? But I
didn't used systemd with jessie. I suspect it won't even work...

Best regards

Dirk