[lxc-users] Unable to get iptables log in container

らふろうと fulhelm.gadgetter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:26:03 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
I created the lxc container on my server (Ubuntu14.04) and installed
iptables for using the container as router.
The rules I set for iptables in container work fine, but I'm unable to get
iptables log.

I'm using rsyslog to save log message, and added this line to conf file for
iptables log.
 kern.* /var/log/kern.log
However there is still no iptables log, either in host machine or the
container.

It seems normal kernel log is logged properly, because I can see kernel's
error message log in kern.log.

I heard /dev/kmsg is created as symlink to /dev/console as default in lxc
container, so I disabled this option but it doesn't work.
How can I get iptables log?