[lxc-users] Using valgrind with lxc

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Thu Sep 25 14:18:55 UTC 2014

In our program, we do a fork() and in the child process the lxc library is called to start a program in a container using lxc_start().

We don't care about valgrind in the child process.  You can disable valgrind messages from child processes, but you cannot detach valgrind unless you exec() a new binary on top.  However, valgrind and lxc do not play nicely, at least with the versions in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.   I'm getting an error back from lxc_start().  I'm having trouble getting logs to see why its failing, so I don't know exactly what's failing, yet.

But, I'm looking for any ideas for getting valgrind to work with programs that use lxc_start().
Any suggestions will be welcome.  And, thanks!

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers