[lxc-users] Compile fails under Fedora

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Sep 22 02:33:22 UTC 2014

Echoing jjs' response, I really wouldn't run anything "critical" on fedora
or anything that has less than three years support life time (which
includes non-lts ubuntu). You just found out one of the reasons: on
"bleeding-edge" distros, stuff are not as thouroughly tested.

Since you already have centos 7 and ubuntu lts, just use either of them as
your container host. If an app needs F20 (for whatever reason), run them
inside a container.

Anyway, what version of lxc do you run on centos 7? The same packages
should be usable on F20. And if you absolutely need latest lxc git, either
do the things I mentioned earlier (patch yourself, yada yada yada) or use
one of your ubuntu systems with daily ppa.

--
Fajar