[lxc-users] Mounting the same file system on host and container

MegaBrutal megabrutal at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 21:19:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

If I mount the same device/file system on both the host and an LXC
container (both with "rw" option), will the kernel be aware that the FS is
mounted twice, or will it damage the file system, like if 2 kernels mounted
them at once?

It's especially interesting with btrfs file systems, as it's designed to be
mounted on multiple mount points at once (which is useful when you have
subvolumes).

My file systems are located on LVs, if that matters, but I think my
question may be valid for block devices and image files as well.

MegaBrutal