[lxc-users] lxc user-space start error

Nilesh B. nileshbairagi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 21:55:33 UTC 2014

Hi,
I recently did fresh Ubuntu install with LXC.
After starting container in non-daemon mode ($lxc-start -n trusty-raw) it
showed errors and foreground process hangs.
I am able to stop the container from another terminal.

Although the container starts in daemon mode ($lxc-start -n trusty-raw -l
debug -o start_daemon.log) but after ssh and executing sudo command gave
following error:
sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with the
'nosuid' option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?

My system config is:
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS  3.13.0-36-generic x86_64 GNU/Linux, with lxc version
1.0.5-0ubuntu0.1

I am also attaching both log file (container started with and without
daemon mode).

The user-space containers were working on my previous installation.
(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with one/ two minor version back kernel and
1.0.5-0ubuntu0.1 lxc version).

Can someone guide me, if am I missing anything.

(i have configured my user-space containers with help from:
https://www.stgraber.org/2014/01/17/lxc-1-0-unprivileged-containers/)

Thanks
Nilesh