[lxc-users] Crontab in fedora containers.

István Király LaKing at D250.hu
Thu Oct 23 04:18:42 UTC 2014

Hello list, ..

I noticed some strange behavior, that I could not resolve so far, regarding
cron and crontab.

[user at container]$ crontab -e
You (user) are not allowed to access to (crontab) because of pam
configuration.

While digging in, I created /etc/cron.allow  and added ALL. The message
changed to:

You (user) are not allowed to use this program (crontab)
See crontab(1) for more information

Google search didn't bring me closer to a solution.

On a native fedora, crontab works out of the box, even without a cron.allow
file.

If someone has ideas / suggestions, I would look at them.

Greetings, ...

--
Király István
+36 209 753 758