[lxc-users] lxc-create not working behind proxy

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Oct 9 15:24:35 UTC 2014

Hey Tamas!

On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 16:59 +0200, Tamas Papp wrote:
> Try this one:
> Export http_proxy="http://proxy:port/"
> If debootstrap uses it, then it should work.

> Also don't forget to apply apt settings in container.

Not having tried this myself, that comment just suddenly raised a
question in my mind.  Does this create an chicken and egg situation?  I
know debootstrap will use it to try and build the container but does the
template then make any attempts to use the apt settings in the container
during the creation process before they can be tweaked?  Seems like that
could create a problem where we're chrooting into a container rootfs.
I'm now wondering if the Fedora and CentOS templates I maintain could
have a problem there.  I may have to set up a proxy to test against,
myself, for yum.

Regards,
Mike