[lxc-users] systemd's journald using 100% CPU on Debian Jessie container and Fedora 20 host

Daniel Miranda danielkza2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:27:56 UTC 2014

I spun up a Jessie container in my Fedora 20 (x86_64, LXC 1.0.5) box and
the journald process inside the host consumes full CPU time for one core.

I've Googled a bit and found some reports of that being connected to a bug
that is allegedly already fixed in systemd, or related to the kmsg device
being improperly set up, but my case doesn't seem to fit either: Jessie is
using systemd 215 which is pretty recent, and /dev/kmsg points to
/dev/console, which looks correct.

Does anyone know what the problem might be, or if there is a workaround I
can do in the meanwhile?

Regards,
Daniel Miranda