[lxc-users] lxc.network.type = phys (or nothing...)

Joris Michaux joris.michaux at france-pari.org
Wed Oct 8 09:15:27 UTC 2014

> Dear Joris,

Hi,

> >I've compared all configurations, nothing has changed... When I rollback
> my host with the last full backup, all goes OK... but
> >it's the third time it re appears...
>
> Sorry, but that's illogical: If it reproducible work with some
> backup-image but not with the current one despite of a reboot, there must
> be a difference in configuration. And if it's working for a while, it may
> be happen without "any (intended) action", but for sure not without any
> reason.

Sure it is. But I've compared a lot of configuration files and settings,
and I start to loose my brain. I'm sure, like you, there a problem at a
moment, I just wanted to know if someone had a similar behaviour before. In
parrallel, I continue searching on the broken host. But 3 times, it
appeared when I was away from containers and hosts, I don't know how a
setting can change without a reason...

> Maybe there's some chaos with interface (re)naming by udev rules? Is the
> interface configuration done statically or by DHCP?
>

> BTW: I hate "solutions by counter questions". Therefore, it should not be
> a solution but just a question of interest why the physical reach-through
> of interfaces is your preferred solution.

Because my hosts are virtuals, and it's very easy to me to provide them 3
interfaces, mounting it by type=phys, and nothing to do more to communicate
with my containers (no routing, port forwarding...)

Is it such a bad idea ?

> With greetings
>
> Guido

Thanks for asnwering.