[lxc-users] Cannot create a macvlan private bridge on lx

Kike professor.kike at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 10:48:19 UTC 2014

Hello, I'm new with this issue and I'm having problems with containers using
lxc technology.

I'm trying to set a communication between containers but isolating them from
host network. I think is more or less the same than a previous user's
intention but I couldn't make it right.

The point is that I've set a new empty bridge but when I'm starting the
container, it fails!! I should have done something wrong but I haven't found
out it.

Could someone help me?

Commands to set the empty bridge in host:
- sudo brctl addbr lxcbr1
- sudo ip link set lxcbr1 up
- sudo brctl show

Network configuration on any container:
lxc.network.type = macvlan
lxc.network.macvlan.mode = bridge
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = lxcbr1
lxc.network.hwaddr = 00:16:3e:3e:f8:7d

Error reported is: failed to move 'lxcbr1' to the container: Invalid argument

Setting as a bridge the real one (lxcbr0) doesn't work as well.
Any suggestion?

thanks in advance