[lxc-users] lxc.network.type = phys (or nothing...)

Joris Michaux joris.michaux at france-pari.org
Tue Oct 7 10:02:16 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Fisrt mail here for a french sysadmin.

*Context : *
- 1 Debian 7 with 3 interfaces :
  |_ eth0 = 10.170.2.189
  |_ eth1 = 10.170.2.187
  |_ eth2 = 10.170.2.185
- Role : hosting 2 containers LXC with an Apache within
- Networking configuration : lxc.network.type = phys

Working on 6 hosts since 6 months.

*Recent issue :*
Since a week, some LXC loose the network without any actions and any
reason, The others are still working. All configurations are made by
Puppet, so the same on each host.

When I shut down the 2 LXC, the 3 interfaces are working on the host, but
at the time I start a LXC, the associated interface stop ping...

I can access my container by starting it without the "-d", all services are
working, "netstat -tuplan" says it is listening on many ports... But
nothing goes out, or in.

*Last chance :*
I've created a new container on the broken host, and it has no network...

I've compared all configurations, nothing has changed... When I rollback my
host with the last full backup, all goes OK... but it's the third time it
re appears...

Thanks to all who will try to help me.

Joris M., a desperate sysadmin...