[lxc-users] LXC 1.0.0 - lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response

Phiho Hoang hohoangphi at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:28:41 UTC 2014

Hi Serge,

> You give no indication of how you buit and installed it.

https://www.stgraber.org/2013/12/20/lxc-1-0-your-first-ubuntu-container/

<quote>
git clone git://github.com/lxc/lxc
cd lxc
sh autogen.sh
# You will probably want to run the configure script with --help and then
set the paths
./configure
make
sudo make install
</quote>

It was necessary to run 'ldconfig' and install 'debootstrap', then:

sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n p1

>  The easiest way to build from git reliably is to grab the debian/ tree
from the
> lxc package

Where can I grab this debian/ tree ?

https://github.com/lxc/lxc has 3 branches: 'master', 'stable-0.74' and
'stable-1.0'

> and copy it under the git tree, then run debian/rules build

I got https://linuxcontainers.org/downloads/lxc-1.0.3.tar.gz

There is no such 'debian/rules'

> might try 'ps -ef' on the host and see if the only things running in
​> ​
the container are 3 or 4 tasks including mountall.

$ ps -ef | wc -l
227
$ ps -ef | grep mount
phiho     1792  1298  0 13:15 pts/0    00:00:00 grep mount

​I don't quite understand ​ "the only things running in
 ​
the container are 3 or 4 tasks".
The container cannot be started:

$ sudo lxc-ls
p1
$ sudo lxc-start -n p1 -d
lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response
$ sudo lxc-info -n p1
Name:           p1
State:          STOPPED

Best regards,