[lxc-users] Fedory 20 LXC fails to start on Ubuntu 14.04 host?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon May 26 07:18:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus at pokorra.de>wrote:

> Hello Federico,
> that is strange.
> I tried now on my old Laptop which runs Ubuntu 14.04, and got the same
> error:
> <30>systemd[1]: Listening on /dev/initctl Compatibility Named Pipe.
> <30>systemd[1]: Starting Root Slice.
> <27>systemd[1]: Caught <SEGV>, dumped core as pid 11.
> <30>systemd[1]: Freezing execution.
>
> my kernel is:
> uname -a
> Linux timotheusp-LIFEBOOK-S7110 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri
> May 2 23:31:42 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I am also using the packages 1.0.3-0ubuntu3 of lxc.
>
> What might be the difference, so that it works for you and does not work
> for me?

Try
https://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.linuxcontainers.org/msg00993.html

Look for "unconfined".

> environment.

> Ubuntu

Try running fedora under lxc under xen under vmware :P

FWIW though, when using standard configurations (e.g. distro-bundled
kernel, or vanilla upstream kernel with distro-provided config), xen
usually behaves similar-enough to bare-metal for most cases. It's only when
someone uses their own stripped-down custom-config-and-build kernel that
results might vary wildly.

--
Fajar