[lxc-users] Fedory 20 LXC fails to start on Ubuntu 14.04 host?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun May 25 03:35:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-24 at 23:13 -0400, CDR wrote:
> Hard iron.
> But containers should be transparent for him, since LXC does not use
> any "real" virtualization.
> As long as his kernel is the right version.

NOT TRUE.

It's running under para-virtualization.  The underlying virtualization
has to implement the hypervisor function the appropriate emulation of
the supervisory functions.  It's not simple.  You (the hypervisor) not
only have to emulate all the virtualization instructions but you also
have to emulate all the virtualization instructions.  You have to be
able to virtualize a hypervisor, which was the goal of Joanna (miss
little blue pill) Rutkowska.  It's not trivial and some would argue it's
impossible.

That independent variable has to be eliminated from the troubleshooting.
If that variable affects the result than the problem exists between it
and the result.

Regards,
Mike