[lxc-users] PARTIAL SOLUTION - Container Network no IP's, Unreachable - HELP

TuxRaiderPen tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com
Mon May 19 09:34:21 UTC 2014

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 15:32:30 Robert Pendell wrote:

> Are you running any kind of software firewall at all?

No firewalls any where.

After digging, (determining the right things to get google to cough up an
answer) some more this appears to be a wide spread issue that was created by
an update to dhcp-isc (isc-dhcp) and older LXC...  It appears that between
when I ran the container(s) on the one machine and now, that updates sans a
kernel update were done on the HOST... Not sure if an update inside the
containers would fix and negate the issue of adding the line.

I have not looked at the 14.04 box which has LXC 1.0.x to see if this line is
in there, but it worked fine when creating, etc...

See:
http://colinnewell.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/lxc-networking/

For some more info, and those using salt(?) may wish to take note you NEED
SOME CHANGES TOO!