[lxc-users] 1.0.3 on Debian 7.5 not consistent with documentation

coolnodje coolnodje at gmail.com
Fri May 16 03:26:45 UTC 2014

apt-get remove lxc did the job before compiling 1.0.3.

there's nothing left in /usr/bin and `which lxc-create` confirms it
comes from /usr/local/bin

So I understand, as expected, there shouldn't be any discrepancy between
the Ubuntu 1.0.3 packaged version and the one I compiled on Debian, right?

Something must have gone wrong then: could the option I used
--with-distro=debian make a difference during ./configure?

Also, I'd like to have everything in standard "packaged lxc" location
except for the binaries. Would ./configure --prefix=/
--bindir=/usr/local would do ?
The INSTALL file in the distrib is really well done and useful but a
confirmation would be helpful.

Thanks