[lxc-users] Fedora container thinks it is not running

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu May 15 14:06:25 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 04:40 -0400, CDR wrote:
> The container is started, because I am inside it via ssh
> but I cannot use its console
> lxc-console -n msterfe
> msterfe is not running
>
> I am uploading the configuration as an attachment
> The container was created from the template, LXC 1.0.3

Ah, but that config obviously was not.  (And totally aside, why do you
need 20 macvlan eth interfaces in a container???)  What happened to the
config that the template created?  Was it thrown away and a new one
created from whole cloth?

Did you first try the container with the initial configuration file
generated by the template?  That would be a good place to start and you
might want to check /usr/share/lxc/config/fedora.common.conf.  The
initial configuration file generated by the template will "include" that
common set of parameters but you can override those defaults.

Take it a step at a time and keep it simple.  Build the container and
test it.  Then start making your modifications to the configuration.

I don't see why it might make a difference but, since I don't run on an
Ubuntu host, nothing immediately comes to mind other than you're getting
the wrong status back for that container so lxc-console is not saying
it's not in running state.  I haven't seen that problem myself.

Regards,
Mike