[lxc-users] Question about Ubuntu Server

TuxRaiderPen tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com
Mon May 12 08:46:09 UTC 2014

On Sunday, May 11, 2014 18:48:20 CDR wrote:
> I found that VNC is several orders of magnitude more responsive than
> any X11 forwarding.
> Am I wrong?

Depends on the connection.

I do XDMCP a lot for work. It can be slow on anything but the best of
connections.

Hence the VNC, x2go and a couple other systems which try to compress and/or
reduce the amount of data sent to do the same thing.

On an internal LAN it flys as though I was almost sitting at the box...

X has gotten a LOT MORE COMPLEX with sending all that composting etc. stuff v.
when it started 30+ years ago when this was done over much lesser connections
T1's at best.

Thats why if you can use something like XFCE, LXDE etc. some of these will
send less stuff for the windowing.

Or you can do SSH forwarding to secure KRDC/VNC stuff.