[lxc-users] Looking for Opensuse template

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Mon May 5 21:06:42 UTC 2014

Hello list,

> On Sun, 2014-05-04 at 11:21 -0400, CDR wrote:
> > Does anybody have any idea how to install an LXC container for opensuse?
>
> Yes.
>
> On what host?  An OpenSuse host, Ubuntu host, or Fedora/CentOS host.

I have done some investigations how to install an OpenSuse Container
directly on an Ubuntu host.

I found the zypper package for Ubuntu built by Thomas-Karl Pietrowski
at https://launchpad.net/~thopiekar/+archive/zypper
and the scripts at https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build.

With these tools, I was able to create the machine and to login.
It is not smooth yet, and still some work to do. Network does not work
yet, and I had to slightly modify /usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-opensuse.
For the full instruction set, see my blog post that I just wrote:
http://www.pokorra.de/2014/05/creating-an-opensuse-lxc-container-on-ubuntu-12-04/

I hope this makes sense,
  Timotheus