[lxc-users] lxc.mount.entry selectively mount parts of sys and proc read write

catchall catchall at gc9.org
Wed Mar 26 22:01:16 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 12:52 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting catchall (catchall at gc9.org):
>>

>> On 03/24/2014 05:10 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
>>> Quoting GC (catchall at gc9.org):

>>> You'd want to also setns to the container netns so as to get the
>>> right /sys/class/net, of course.

>>> (Without looking back at previous messages,) Have you tried using a
>>> mount hook?
>>>

>> Whenever I try to use any of the mount hooks, I get this error and
>> the container doesn't start:
>>
>> lxc-start: command get_cgroup failed to receive response
>>

>> I even tried a hook script that didn't do anything, just ran a
>> single "echo", so it isn't the content of the script.
>>
>> I am running lxc version: 1.0.0.alpha2.
>
> The hook was executable I assume?  Can you do

The real scrips were, the last test of just echo was not. Do'h

> lxc-start -n container -l trace -o xxx
>
> and append xxx here?

Non-zero exit codes from the mount failing were causing the lxc-start
error.  Hook scripts run now, but bind mounts don't work since it looks
like sys and proc aren't mounted yet even though, from the trace, it
looks like they are:
.
.
.
       lxc-start 1395870561.553 DEBUG    lxc_conf - mounted 'proc' on
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/pr
oc', type 'proc'
        lxc-start 1395870561.553 DEBUG    lxc_conf - mounted 'proc' on
'/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc/.p
roc', type 'proc'
       lxc-start 1395870561.553 INFO     lxc_conf - mount points have
been setup
       lxc-start 1395870561.553 INFO     lxc_conf - Executing script
'/var/lib/lxc/nsmaster/hook.mount' for container 'nsmaster', config
section 'lxc'
lxc-start 1395870561.569 INFO     lxc_conf - console has been setup

/var/lib/lxc/nsmaster/hook.mount:
#!/bin/sh
ls -a $LXC_ROOTFS_PATH/proc > /tmp/log 2>&1
echo "#######" >> /tmp/log
ls -a $LXC_ROOTFS_PATH/sys >> /tmp/log 2>&1
exit 0

root at valp:/var/lib/lxc/nsmaster# cat /tmp/log
.
..
#######
.