[lxc-users] Ubuntu container upstart and graceful shutdown

Robin Monjo robin.monjo at applidget.com
Wed Mar 19 17:21:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm using LXC 0.7.5 with the stock ubuntu template. My containers are
running ruby processes that are managed by upstart (launched by upstart
scripts).

I need these processes to be gracefully stopped when shutting down a
container, i.e send the SIGTERM signal and wait for it to be done before
fully shutting down my container.

I see that inside a container, upstart listen for the SIPWR signal and
execute "shutdown -h now "SIGPWR received"", is it safe to remove this in
order to achieve my goal ? Or is there any other alternatives ?

Regards,
Robin