[lxc-users] `lxc_attach_run_command` vs normal fork/exec

Ranjib Dey dey.ranjib at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:39:04 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am trying to understand what is the benefit of lxc_attach_run_command
over normal fork exec.
Currently i am using lxc with the ruby and go binding. The benefit of
standard fork exec is that i get to use all my ruby objects/ go variables
etc inside the code that runs inside lxc..but with lxc_attach_run_commmand
i am restricted to send a string as command,
is there anything wrong with standard fork/exec after attaching to a
container? apart from the fact the i have my entire process memory pages
accessible to me, is there anything i should be concerned about?

i am using this to build containers, and then publish them to s3 or other
storage as part of my CI service. On deployment, i am keeping the container
static (lxc autostrat)

regards
ranjib