[lxc-users] lxc-destroy fails somehow

Nels Nelson nels.n.nelson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:44:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> The path specified with -P is the path *under* which containers sit.

Ah ha.  Of course.  Thank you!

Have you tried the buxybox template?

Yes, but this happens during creation in debian wheezy:

    # lxc-create -t busybox -n test -l DEBUG -o /tmp/lxc.log
    warning : busybox is not statically linked.
    warning : The template script may not correctly
    warning : setup the container environment.
    chmod: cannot access `/var/lib/lxc/test/rootfs/bin/passwd': No such
file or directory
    setting root password to "root"
    Failed to change root password
I have not mucked about with the lxc-busybox template, so I'm not
sure why it wouldn't work correctly out-of-the-box.

I definitely have the busybox binary in the PATH.

    # ls -la /bin/busybox
    -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 697656 Sep 20  2012 /bin/busybox

Anyway, I have been unable to confirm one way or another whether
the busybox template can be suitably used within a 10MB container.

Thanks again for your assistance with this, Serge.

-Nels