[lxc-users] Making a container behave like a VM(ish)

Tom Taylor tom at tommyt.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 15:18:52 UTC 2014

There are two things missing that I'm wondering if it would be possible to
emulate in someway ...

Firstly is the memory, even when you restrict the amount of RAM available
to a container, userspace can still see the whole RAM of the box?  Is it
possible to make this look realistic?

Secondly there is no root device when you do a df.  I guess I need to
generate an mtab somewhow but I'm not sure what to put in there.

The reason I'm after these is I have developers writing code and they like
to keep an eye on memory and disk usage (well they do when they run out
anyway) and commands like this don't really behave like they would in a
normal system.

Does that make sense?