[lxc-users] Fail to convert LXC container configuration into a domain XML fragment

Du Jun dj199008 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 06:26:06 UTC 2014

Hi, all,
I used lxc-tools to create a linux container. I am trying to transfrom LXC
container configuration into a domain XML fragment using the following
command:

*$ virsh -c lxc:/// domxml-from-native lxc /var/lib/lxc/my_conatiner/config*

However, I get the error message,
error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
virConnectDomainXMLFromNative

It seems that *virConnectDomainXMLFromNative *is not supported in libvrit
LXC driver. However, I find the command in the official documentation of
libvirt. Besides, my libvirt's version is 1.2.2(the latest version).

I wonder whether I can convert LXC container configuration into a domain
XML fragment using *domxml-from-native*? If I can't, how cant I translate
it?

PS:
I care about the rules in my LXC container configuration file, such as:
*lxc.aa_profile = unconfined*

*lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a*
*# Allow any mknod (but not using the node)*
*lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c *:* m*
*lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = b *:* m*
*lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = b 7:* rwm*

I just don't know how to express the rules above using xml format. Please
help! Thanks!

--
Best Regards,
Du Jun