[lxc-users] sudo not working in unprivileged container

Vitaly Belostotsky spam.for.byly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 17:27:39 UTC 2014

Hi, all!

I'm trying to reproduce steps in
https://www.stgraber.org/2014/01/17/lxc-1-0-unprivileged-containers/.
Everything goes well except for sudo producing error:

sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with the
'nosuid' option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?

I'm using updated ubuntu 14.04 distro.

OTOH, when I use lxc-attach, I get the root shell in container and I can
execute necessary commands (such as apt-get). But it's not as convenient,
I'd prefer to use sudo.

What is my mistake?
I failed to google relevant info, so I ask here. Thanks in advance.