[lxc-users] red hat/centos guest support

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu Jun 12 14:17:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Tamas Papp <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:
> Meanwhile I was wondering, why templates are different. They should use a
> template(:O) at least for the configuration files (config, fstab)
> format....etc, shouldn't they?

DIfferent distros have different needs. For example, an ubuntu
container works just fine running with restricted apparmor container
profile, while fedora (or any other distro which uses systemd) won't
work.

> Also oracle, redhat, sl and centos templates should be very-very similar to
> each other.

... and there's the fact that different people contribute/maintain
them, and it would take additional efforts (probably a big one) to
"merge" them to the same template while verifying that it still works.
Efforts that (at least for now) would be better spent elsewhere.

--
Fajar