[lxc-users] LXC auto start not working

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 9 14:12:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 10:07:05AM -0400, Shidan wrote:
> I now am trying to get an unprivilaged container to auto-start, I put the
> following in ~/.config/lxc/default.conf:
>
> lxc.start.auto = 1
> lxc.start.delay = 5
>

> I also tried putting it in the main /etc/lxc/default.conf file. For both
> cases it doesn't work and lxc-ls --fancy shows the autostart flag as NO.

For this to work, you need something to call "lxc-autostart" at session
open time. For privileged containers we have an init script doing that,
but for unprivileged users, there's no single way of doing it and it's
hard to know exactly what the user would want to see happen (have all
user containers started at boot time and exit at shutdown time or have
that happen at user session open time but then what about ssh sessions,
...).

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer