[lxc-users] Executing a command inside a running container? (ng)

frodox frodox at zoho.com
Mon Jun 9 10:53:54 UTC 2014

Hi all.

A few years ago there was a thread about executing a command inside a running container [1].
It sounded like
Dominik Schulz Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:08:10 -0800 Hi, I'm fairly new to LXC and I am looking for a way to execute a command inside a running container (a full blow one with its own rootfs and full isolation). lxc-execute doesn't seem to do the trick and lxc-console requires credential to login. I'm looking for a way to execute command w/o having to login via ssh or the lxc-console, so I can execute command directly inside the containers to shut them down properly.
 The final answer was [2]
Moving an existing process into an existing, populated namespace will likely never be possible. -serge
It was four years ago.

But how about nowadays?
Is it possible now, since we have a new system call setns(2), which looks like does exactly necessary thing?

--
Regards, Christian.

[1]: https://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00070.html
[2]: https://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00134.html