[lxc-users] unprivileged containers with PHYS network type and vlan interfaces on host.

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 5 18:32:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 05:35:10PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Shidan (shidan at gmail.com):
> > Hello, on my host I have 4 VLAN interfaces on eth0
> > (eth0:1, eth0:2, eth0:3, eth0:4) and each one has its own assigned public
> > IP address.

Also note that eth0:1 isn't a vlan interface, it's simply an extra
address added to eth0 with an alias value of "eth0:1". So even if we did
have the phys or vlan interface types working with unprivileged
containers, they still wouldn't work with interface aliases.

In your case, I think you either want to put eth0 itself into a bridge
accessible to your containers or maybe do something with the macvlan
driver instead (though that latter won't work with unprivileged
containers).