[lxc-users] About creating a BTRFS file instead of a BTRFS partition

Marcel Sánchez Toledano marcelsanchezt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:48:49 UTC 2014

I assume that:

sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -B loop --fstype btrfs -n loop1

Should be the same as creating a loopback filesystem (as specified here
<http://www.walkernews.net/2007/07/01/create-linux-loopback-file-system-on-disk-file/>,
but with btrfs instead of ext3) and then:

lxc-create -n template -t ubuntu -B btrfs

and specifing in "lxc.rootfs" the path "mnt/vfs", for example.

Is that correct?

*Marcel Sánchez Toledano*