[lxc-users] Centos-7 x86_64 container - systemd-journald process eat CPU

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Jul 30 11:16:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 14:32 +0400, mxs kolo wrote:
> Hi
> > AFA CentOS 7 in general goes - I have not yet had the time to
> > incorporate the systemd logic from the Fedora template into the CentOS
> > template.  I just got back from being out of pocket for the last three
> > weeks (and still completely not over being 6 hours jet lagged) and I'm
> > just starting to look at it.
> God news for Centos-7 users, and probably You can check another Centos
> bugs in LXC reported by me:
> 1) problem with install Centos from templates and backstore LVM:
>   template accept in getopt() variable $rootfs but everywhere inside
> use variable $rootfs_path (centos6 and 7). As result - rsync try copy
> files on raw device /dev/LG/Lname

That's another issue that needs to be addressed.  I already intend to
review what's been done vis-a-vis the rootfs_path variable in the
download template and probably retrofit that into the CentOS, Fedora,
and OpenSuse templates.

> 2) On ce-7 cgroup mounted inside container from hardware node and
> probably because limits not work inside container

I'm deferring that until the systemd work is integrated.  I suspect that
will become a non-issue since it's a not an issue with Fedora, which
already has that rework incorporated.

> 3) sometime agetty not finished after stop container and start eat CPU.
> And moreover - hardware node(!)  show on console prompt from Ce-7 LXC
> container. If get time, I make additional test for detect conditions
> where such interference occurred.

Same remark.  Some of the systemd rework includes setting up the
[am]getty services.

> p.s.
>  and may be LXC project has own bugzilla ?

> b.r.
>  Maxim Kozin

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com