[lxc-users] Remounting cgroups and changing namespace.

Medhamsh V medhamsh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 06:51:43 UTC 2014

Normal user. I am trying to setup unprivileged containers. I want to run
them as non root user. Things work fine when I reboot the machine. So
just wondering what changes happen during this reboot and want to apply
them without rebooting.

On 22 July 2014 12:19, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Medhamsh V <medhamsh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 22 July 2014 11:56, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
>>> Try increasing the log verbosity for both lxc-start and cgmanager, as
>>> in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/1335418 , last
>>> comment. It might give some ideas what's wrong.
>>
>> Seems like something with could not determine the requested cgroup.
>> The appended log file is here. https://dpaste.de/pATR#L
>

> Hmmm ... are you running it as root or normal user?
>
> Create: Client fd is: 6 (pid=22324, uid=1001, gid=1001)
> cgmanager:create_main: pid 22324 (uid 1001 gid 1001) may not create
> under /run/cgmanager/fs/hugetlb
>
> Those lines looked suspicious.
>
> --
> Fajar

Medhamsh,

GPG Finger Print: BD16 E32E CA4D 83A3 1270  725D D766 7997 0ABC 20E9
http://pascal.iiit.ac.in/~medhamsh/medhamsh.gpg