[lxc-users] Remounting cgroups and changing namespace.

Medhamsh V medhamsh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 05:46:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

While working with unprivileged containers in Ubuntu-14.04 I am facing the
following issue.

After installing all the requirements and creating a container, I am unable
to start it untill
I reboot the host. Once I reboot the host I am able to start the
containers. Following is the
error I get.

lxc_container: call to cgmanager_create_sync failed: invalid request
lxc_container: Failed to create hugetlb:lamp-template
lxc_container: Error creating cgroup hugetlb:lamp-template
lxc_container: failed creating cgroups
lxc_container: failed to spawn 'lamp-template'
lxc_container: The container failed to start.
lxc_container: Additional information can be obtained by setting the
--logfile and --log-priority options.

Now I am trying to make this work without rebooting the host because I am
provisioning this host
via Chef and can't reboot the host for automation purposes. Though I am
able to figure out that
cgroups need to be remounted, is there something to change for namespace
and if so, how to do that?
This is on top of EC2.

Thanks in advance,
--