[lxc-users] The dark side of LXC

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 15:35:06 UTC 2014

There is an unresolved issue that really goes to the core of the
container model.
Yesterday I installed Mysql latest on the host, and had to remove it
one hour later. It turns out that since I have 20 containers each with
a running version if mysql, the instance running on the host kills the
other instances when you try to stop mysql, an similarly, the host
version never starts because it thinks, wrongly, that it is already
running.

We need to make the host ignore the processes running on the
containers, much like a real virtual machine, or else the host cannot
really run any application whatsoever.

Philip Orleans