[lxc-users] Only Python3 in Ubuntu 14.04

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 7 16:54:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 11:50:53AM -0500, Luis M. Ibarra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this concern about why python3 was chosen as the only python version
> in the Ubuntu 14.04 template?
>
> Is there a way to set or choose initial packages when the template is
> created?, if so, how?

lxc-create -t ubuntu -n container-name -- --packages python

The template itself doesn't list what packages have to be installed,
Ubuntu does that and Ubuntu has been trying to get rid of python 2.x for
a long time now, that's why it's only installed when required and
python3 is installed in all other cases.