[lxc-users] Router inside LXC with "lxc.network.type = phys" to the WAN-port

Thomas Huber miraculli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:21:12 UTC 2014

Hi out there,

is it a good idea to setup a kind of virtual router inside a LXC?
I got a server with dual 1Gbit Nic and the server should run several services.
I also would like to use it as a router and a thought it would be quite nice to set it up inside a LXC by mapping the WAN-port with "lxc.network.type = phys“ to the Container.

first of all: is this a good idea?

second: is it possible to do all the firewalling inside the LXC or is it better (more secure) to do this at the host?

Thanks and all the best
mirac