[lxc-users] Stopping a container

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Jan 17 19:54:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 18:52 +0200, David Shwatrz wrote:
> Hi,
> I had tested now poweroff, and the fedora container exits to the host
> shell very verty quickly.
>
> >SIGPWR?  SIGINT?
> I believe that it is SIGPWR,  from what I see in: lxcapi_shutdown()
>
> https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/master/src/lxc/lxccontainer.c
>
> >something I recently fixed for non-systemd Fedora and
> > CentOS containers
>
> You mention here non-systemd Fedora container. I would appreciate if
> you will elaborate on what do you mean by that.

Legacy...

The template is capable of creating older, non-supported, versions of
Fedora tested all the way back to F14.  A couple of the systemd Fedora
versions (F16 and F17) are problematical BECAUSE of systemd.  But the
template can create them and most of them do run.

> AFAIK, when using the
> fedora template on Fedora 20 (or 19, 18...), the generated Fedora
> container is a systemd container.How can I create a non-systemd Fedora
> container? (Let's say under a Fedora 20 host).

Unless you have a specific need for some of those earlier upstart and
sysv based legacy versions, you should just avoid them.  They're created
using the -R {relver} option to the template.  The CentOS containers
will be sysv init containers since RHEL/CentOS 5/6 were based around
earlier versions of Fedora.

> Regards,
> DavidS

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com